Congregational Care Coordinator
I. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide support to the church congregation in regards to illness hospitalization, death, grief and spiritual support by coordinating pastoral care, counseling, parish nurse assistance, deacon ministries, visitation, Stephen Ministries and prayer support.
II. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screen incoming telephone messages, calls and email related to congregational care.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and organization of the Congregational Care Ministries.
- Write and submit articles for newsletter regarding Congregational Care ministry events. Review and update Congregational Care Booklet.
- Update Gallery Prayer Cards.
- Receive calls from church family and others regarding individuals who are hospitalized or ill. Obtain permission to disseminate information, as appropriate, to a pastor, the prayer chain coordinator, the Parish Nurse, Stephen Ministry Coordinator, and visitation team. Coordinate visitation and Communion for hospitalized and ill with a pastor.
- First Contact for Family Emergency Assistance. Handle family emergency calls and collect information as the original contact. Coordinate with a pastor and the Deacon Family Assistance Committee if monies are requested or needed from the Deacon Family Assistance Fund. Maintain supplies of grocery gas gift cards for emergency assistance recipients and update written log.
- Attend all Congregational Care committee meetings, record meeting notes and distribute to all attendees. Attend monthly all staff meeting.
- Update flower delivery list at Christmas and Easter. Make labels for deacon delivery of poinsettias and Easter plants.
- Coordinate annual Service of Remembrance.
- Coordinate annual Congregational Care Ministry Fair. 1st Sunday in Oct.
V. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to Associate Pastor
- Relate as a colleague with other staff to ensure that staff relations are team oriented.
- Collaborate with other ministries at RBCPC
- Committed follow er of Jesus Christ
- Strong computer skills
- Team oriented attitude
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
To apply for a position in RB Community Church email a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.