Bible Readings, Week 37; Sep.11-17, 2023
Sep.11; Pro 6-8; 1 Co 15; Ps 77
1. Prov. 8; Who is the Wisdom in Prov.8? What are the similarities between the Wisdom of Prov.8 and Christ?
2. 1 Cor.15:22-23; "For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ."
What kind of death did we receive from Adam? Was it physical? Spiritual? Eternal? Or all of the above? How did Christ make us alive?
3. 1 Cor.15:58; "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."
What kind of labor do you do in the kingdom of God?
Sep.12; Pro 9-12; 1 Co 16; Ps 78
1. Prov. 9:1; "Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn her seven pillars."
Why seven pillars?
2. 1Cor.16:22; "If anyone has no love for the Lord, let him be accursed; Maranatha."
What does the word Maranatha mean? What is the relationship between the word "Maranatha" and our eternity?
3. 1 Cor.16:1-2; "On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come."
Do you give to the Lord? How do you give? Where is your treasure?
Sep.13; Pro 13-15; 2 Co 1; Ps 79
1. Ps.79: What is the main theme of Psalm 79?
2. 2 Cor.1:20; "For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory."
Who is "Him" in this verse? How did Christ fulfill all Old Testament promises?
3. 2 Cor.1:3-4; "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
How many times did you reach out to others with help and comfort? Do you share the love and Peace of Christ with others? How?
Sep.14; Pro 16-19; 2 Co 2; Ps 80
1. Ps. 80: What is the main theme of Psalm 80?
2. 2 Cor.2:14; "But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere."
What kind of triumphal is apostle Paul talking about? How is this triumphal related to the message of salvation? Please refer to 2 Cor. 2:12-17.
3. 2 Cor.2:15; "For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing."
Are you the aroma of Christ to others? How do you do so?
Sep.15; Pro 20-22; 2 Co 3; Ps 81
1. Ps.81:7; "In distress, you called, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Meribah."
Where do we find the water of Meribah in the book of Exodus? Why did the Psalmist mention this incident?
2. 2 Cor.3:18; "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit."
How do you understand this verse? What is the relationship between this verse and our salvation?
3. Prov. 21:1; "The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will."
The world is unstable; many ungodly kings around us. How does this verse bring you comfort and peace?
Sep.16; Pro 23-25; 2 Co 4; Ps 82
1. Ps.82:1; "God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:"
Who are “the gods” in Psalm 82:1? Please read the rest of Psalm 82.
2. 2 Cor. 4:6; "For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
What kind of light is Paul talking about? Who gives us new birth and salvation?
3. 2 Cor.4:7; "But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us."
The phrase "This treasure" is the Gospel. The term "jars of clay" is us. Now, how do you understand this verse? How can we serve God and spread the Gospel with our "jars of clay"?
Sep.17; Pro 26-29; 2 Co 5; Ps 83
1. Prov. 27:17; "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."
What is the meaning of this proverb?
2. 2 Cor. 5:17; "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
What is the new creation? What is the "old has passed away" and "the new has come"?
3. 2 Cor.5:7; "For we walk by faith, not by sight."
How do you understand this verse? In your daily life, do you walk by faith or by sight?