Now you can download, through the College of the Bible online platform, the 1-year Reading Guide and all the questions here
February 22-28 Numbers 8-25 & Mark 5:21-9:29
22. Number 9. Compare Num.9 with Ex.12:1-21. Passover feast reminded Israel of their bondage in Egypt. It also reminded them of God’s deliverance and liberation to them. Please reflect on your relationship with God. Are you free in Christ or there is sin in your life keeps you as slave to it?
23. Numbers 11:24-29. In v.29, Moses had a wish that all God’s people be filled with the Holy Spirit. Prophet Joel came later to prophesize about the same thing (Joel 2:28-29). Christ came to save us, then was ascended to heaven. Christ, as He promised, He sent the Holy Spirt (Acts. 2). Acts 2 was the fulfillment of Num.11:29; Joel 2:28-29 and Jesus promise John 20:22. Please read the above scriptures. If you are in Christ and born from above then the Holy Spirit is in you. If you are in Christ, what are the fruits of the Holy Spirit that is in you?
24. Numbers 13. After you read the whole chapter, please reflect on v.33 “And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them.” The major problem with the spies was how the spies saw themselves “we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers.” The problem is not how people see us, but the problem is how do we see ourselves. Satan is against us, but with the help of Christ we are more than conquerors and victorious. If you have Christ in your side, how do you see yourselves in your daily struggles against Satan? Are you a failure or by Christ’s help, you are a victorious?
25. Mark 7:1-13 Please reflect on v. 6 “This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.” Please take some time to reflect on your daily life, your language and your belief. Honoring God should be in all of our daily lives. Our talk, behavior, acts, relationships, etc. Do you honor God?
26. Numbers 20:14-21. Edom was descendent of Esau (Gen. 36:1). God judged Edom later, please read prophecy of Obadiah. Please reflect on your relationship with your brothers and sisters. What is your reaction if your brother or sister is in need?
27. Numbers 22-25. Balak and Balaam tried to curse the people of God but they could not. Later on, God judged Israel because Israel sinned. God promised to bless us. But if we sin, he would discipline and correct us “If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.” (Ps.66:18). If you have sin in your life, now is the time to ask God for forgiveness.
28. Mark 8. Jesus feed four thousand. Please take some time to reflect on God’s goodness to you. Please spend some time to thank Him for all His blessings to you